Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Tulips


I am really enjoying this beautiful spring weather as I know you are.  I know that all of my gardening friends are out in their yards happily puttering around.  


 My front flower beds did well this year. I added hyacinths to the regular mix of pansies and tulips. The hyacinth bulbs were thrown into the refrigerator with the tulips bulbs back in October.

You can sort of make out the hyacinths in the front. They are multi -colored and smelled divine.

The tulips are blooming here, but the hyacinths were beaten down by the 20 inches of rain.
 Now the whole point of this post is to say that although there are beautiful bulbs to order from wonderful bulb catalogs and I am sure there are superior varieties that would take your breath away, I am always perfectly happy with the bulbs I buy at Fred's or Walmart.






Love Ya'll, 
Shelli

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. 
~Confucius

The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life’s plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.
 ~Robert Louis Stevenson

I’m just a simple guy, I live from day to day. A ray of sunshine melts my frown and blows my blues away. 
~Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Bonham,
 "Out On The Tiles" (Led Zeppelin)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooh! Your flowers are beautiful!