Friday, March 25, 2016

In The Greenhouse

 I've been working out in the greenhouse. You might remember my disastrous foray into seed propagation last year. I had the whole operation set up in my kitchen. What a mess! The seeds germinated, but without the proper light; well, let's just say it went down hill from there.

This year with a combination of winter sowing outside and new grow-lights inside the hothouse, I have had much better results. Most of all it has been so much fun!!! A Master Gardener, chicken- raising friend and I were recently talking and we decided that there is just something wonderful about caring for little things like chicks and seedlings.

These seeds were winter sown outside in this spinach container from the grocery store. Once they put on their first set of true leaves, I transplanted them into bigger pots.

These coleus seeds were started in the greenhouse.

Zinnias and hollyhocks in the greenhouse.

Things are moving right along.
Moving into the garden today...
Late freeze stay away!!!!
Love ya'll, 
Shelli

Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn. 
~Lewis Grizzard 

No comments: