Monday, March 28, 2016

Grandparents


I am going to take some time off to practice being a grandparent!! I probably won't be able to resist posting a picture of Olive, but James and I are going to be spending our time rocking, burping, and adoring our new granddaughter. Until then, I leave you with these this story about my parents in their role as grandparents.

My nephew, Thomas, loved pecans when he was a little boy. Not having a pecan tree, my parents would by sacks of uncracked pecans to sprinkle around the yard every time Thomas came to stay with them. He spent many a happy hour picking up pecans, shelling, and eating them with his grandparents. Thank goodness he didn't go into forestry where he would have embarrassed himself when he identified the leaves of a river birch as a pecan tree!

 
Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children. 
~Alex Haley

Love ya'll,
Shelli

No comments: