Friday, May 1, 2015

Sunday Schoolisms



I am not a theologian by any stretch of the imagination, but on Sunday mornings I sit in a room filled with them...

They are the ladies in my Sunday School class.

Carolyn, our faithful leader, is so knowledgeable about scripture and comes each Sunday prepared to teach us the historical background of the lesson and lead us to the present day implications of the message.  The integrity of her teaching floods the room and resonates in our lives throughout the following week.

Our lessons are inclusive; allowing each member of the class the opportunity to add their views and perspectives. One member is always quick to remind us of the Fruits of the Spirit, while another helps us stay focused on the important truths of the Bible. Each member adding personal insights that flesh out the lesson. (I think the word "flesh" is appropriate here as the comments from our members bring the lesson to life and make it pertinent to our everyday experiences.)

On the table in our classroom are baskets of pens and pencils, and during the lesson you will often see someone grab a pencil to underline an especially important passage in their Bible or textbook. Carolyn has taught us to underline important passages in our lesson as we are reading it during the week and we spend a portion of the lesson discussing what everyone has marked in their textbooks.

So it is our underlined and highlighted passages that I want to share with you.  Each Sunday in a series called Sunday Schoolisms, I am going to relay passages from our Sunday School lessons we thought were worthy of being underlined.  I am going to copy them word for word from our text without any commentary.


Use them as you will...

Love ya'll, Shelli


I raised my eyes toward heaven and my sanity was restored.
Daniel 4: 34-37

No comments: