Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Saggy Arms




I'm afraid I may have saggy arms! Do you? There's an article on Facebook that tells us how to rid ourselves of our saggy arms.

But of all the things in the world for us to give a moment's thought to - saggy arms??? Really?

Laugh lines, crows feet, flat butts, gray hair, large pores, thin lips, saggy boobs, dark circles, wrinkly elbows -things we should worry about? be ashamed of? Has self-absorption become so ubiquitous? Good grief!!!

Surely American women have deeper character than to be occupied by such shallow thoughts. Surely there is more to us than that!!

Let me tell you about some saggy arms I know....

My sister's saggy arms deliver Meals on Wheels to the elderly.
My mother's saggy arms paint faces on dolls for children in Honduras.
My great Aunt's saggy arms prepared Sunday School lessons each week until she was in her nineties.
My grandmother's saggy arms made pound cakes for her great grandchildren.

The Master Gardener's saggy arms plant and care for gardens they create and donate to the public.
The women of Four Paws saggy arms rescue abandoned animals.
The saggy arms of the senior's group at church will repair houses while on a mission trip next month.
 CCA volunteers' saggy arms sort clothing and shelve canned goods for the needy.

Doctors' and nurses' saggy arms care for the sick.
Teachers' saggy arms lead activities that make children's eyes sparkle.
Activists' saggy arms bring about change.

Mother Theresa's saggy arms loved.
Maya Angelou's saggy arms wrote.
Indira Gandhi's saggy arms led.
Maggie Smith's saggy arms act.

Dawn Halfaker doesn't have both saggy arms. She lost one fighting for our country.....

So here's the deal, are you looking at your saggy arms or doing something with them?

Love ya'll (and your saggy arms),

Shelli


I don't believe I'm disabled. Yes, I have no arms and no legs but big deal. Doesn't matter how I look. It's who I am and what I do.
- Nick Vujicic












1 comment:

Jamie said...

Ummmm......Who said I have saggy arms?? 💪 Ha!!
This is beautiful! Love you!