Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday Schoolisms Plus #27: Reading Your Bible


Seven Benefits From Reading Your Bible

(All seven come from Psalm 119)

1. The Bible will help keep you from sin. "I have hidden your work in my hear that I might not sin against you" (verse 11).

2. The Bible will lift your burdens. "My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word" (verse28).

3. The Bible will guide your steps. "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path" (verse 105).

4. The Bible will bring you joy. "Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart"  (verse 111)

5. The Bible will lead you to wisdom. "The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple" (verse 130).

6. The Bible will give you peace. "Great peace have they who love your law; and nothing can make them stumble" (verse 165).

7. The Bible will being you back to God. "I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands" (verse 176).

No comments: