Monday, September 26, 2016

Count Me Out

The first presidential debate is tonight and I am opting out.

I recognize the importance of this election and take my right to vote seriously, but if choosing between these candidates is like going to the dentist (painful, but necessary), then watching the debates is like going to the dentist and refusing Novocaine! Why make it worse than it already is?!

Instead, James and I are going to The Fabulous Equinox Orchestra concert at Tech.


At the end of the night we'll be happier :-)

Love ya'll,
Shelli

We'd all like to vote for the best man, but he's never a candidate.
~Kin Hubbard

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President;
I'm beginning to believe it.
~Clarence Darrow

Every two years the American politics industry fills the airwaves with the most virulent, scurrilous, wall-to-wall character assassination of nearly every political practitioner in the country — and then declares itself puzzled that America has lost trust in its politicians. ~Charles Krauthammer

If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates.
~Jay Leno

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
~Ronald Reagan
We have plenty of Confidence in this country, but we are a little short of
good men to place our Confidence in.
~Will Rogers

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.
~George Jean Nathan

No comments: