Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Schoolisms Plus #1: Your Daily Bread




OK, so up until now I have used this category of posts to relay the themes or thoughts of my awesome Sunday School class.  This year I will continue to do so, but from time to time may want to add thoughts from Bible studies or perhaps ideas from our incredibly thoughtful pastor and his meaningful sermons.  Most importantly, there will be no commentary from me!  I don't want to preach; couldn't if I wanted to!

To mark this change, let's call this Sunday Schoolisms Plus :)

We'll kick this off with a question my late, Great Aunt Hittie asked me many years ago.  I don't remember why we were talking about the Lord's Prayer, but we must have been because she asked me, "Sheen, what is your daily bread?"

I remember that I immediately answered, "Patience!"  At the time I was teaching sixth grade and probably did need patience, but what I realize all these years later is that I wanted patience to help me deal with all the people, not just students, who weren't doing things the way I wanted them done! I had a control issue (aka self righteousness issue). Now I realize that my daily bread needed to be so much more than just patience! I needed humility, empathy, wisdom, submission, kindness, and a zillion other traits!!! In fact, the people who needed patience were the ones who had to deal with me!! Yikes!!!


So for the first Sunday Schoolisms Plus post, 
we'll pose Hittie's question, 

"What is your daily bread?"


Love ya'll,
Shelli

No comments: