Thursday, January 7, 2016

Hello Again and Happy New Year!!





Happy New Year!!!

Thank you for allowing me to take a break during the holidays.  I missed you and thought of you often.  I hope your holidays were not amazing, fabulous, or perfect; I'm afraid that we allow today's culture to set unrealistic expectations for us.  So I hope your holidays were precious (definition: of great value, not to be wasted or treated carelessly.) 

During my blogging break, I finished some Christmas projects for precious Olive. 
 Here is my favorite.


The sock doll on the left is Katherine's made for her by her grandmother, Pat Quayhagen. I wanted to keep up the tradition by making Olive a sock doll and found an example on Pinterest to copy. Sock dolls are so soft and perfect for tiny hands. When I look at this picture, I imagine a third doll in the row made by Katherine for her grandchild, and I get completely mushy which seems to be the normal emotional state for grandmothers.

Also during the break, the girls started laying!!!



 In fact, they got going so well that we had a fresh egg frittata for brunch Christmas morning. 

In other holiday chicken news, we found out that we dodged a bullet here at Turkey Creek Garden!!!!  If you'll remember, we started with eight hens, two of each breed.  When we were certain they would all survive, we kept four and gave away the duplicates. Well.......one of the hens we gave away turned out to be a ROOSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



You know that God is always watching out for you, you just don't realize in how many ways!!

My favorite new idea from the holiday season was this sweet little tree made from upside down pineapple greenery, brought to you by one of our talented Sunday school friends.


Yep, just chop off the greenery, turn it upside down, and sprinkle on the powdered sugar. I love simple things!

So that is just a quick "catch-up" from the holiday break. In the next post I will tackle the subject of New Year resolutions. My sister asked me if I was making any and I said, "No", but I've changed my mind. 
My New Year's resolution is to start getting old
Seriously!!

                                                                                                Love ya'll,
                                                                                                Shelli

“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”
 –  Eleanor Roosevelt


 “Take the first step in faith. 
You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
 –  Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: