Monday, January 25, 2016

Bottle Show 2016



                                       


 Saturday was the Jackson, Mississippi Antique Bottle and Advertising  Show.  James and I go every year. It is the highlight of our January. In case you are interested in stuff like that, here are some pictures to peruse.



                                                

Crocks are a favorite of ours, especially when they are local.

Of course, James is in it for the cars. He collects dealer promotionals.  These are model cars from the 1950s - 1970s that were given to the customer by the dealership after a test drive.  There aren't any in this photo, but he was on the lookout!!

Yep, each of these bottles contained poisons and it says so on the front of each.

The little, short bottles in the foreground of this picture are ink wells.


I want to buy every bottle in this color!!

There's more than bottles at the show.

Vintage matchstick holders.

Privy Probes!!! For more about these interesting items, go to last year's Bottle Show post:


We couldn't decide if this was a true light from a buoy or not. 
When I was teaching school, I collected NASA stuff for our unit on space exploration. 


Vintage Kleenex box.

And last, but not least, this advertising sign from the 1920s proves that Spanx™ are not a new idea!

                                                                                             Love ya'll,
                                                                                             Shelli

"My mom decorated with lots of antiques.
 I never liked it when I was a little girl - I wanted to live in a modern house.
 But now I love it."
 - Paris Hilton

No comments: