Friday, July 10, 2015

Peep! Peep!

Well, the chicks arrived on Wednesday.  I had gotten an email from My Pet Chicken letting me know that they had shipped, then the Post Office called to let me know they had arrived. I jumped in the truck and took off!!

The postal clerk handed me this box....


that was making these sweet noises....


and when I opened the lid, this is what I saw!


Some articles I read said that some of the chicks may die in transit, but all of them were healthy and happy.

I quickly started the process of dunking their beaks into the water to get them drinking.  They took to it right away. I planned on repeating the process with their food, but before I even finished with the drinking lesson, one of the first chicks had found the food and was showing everyone how to chow down!!


Updates later!!!

Love ya'll,
Shelli

Ain't nobody here but us chickens.
--Song lyrics, Louis Jordan

No comments: