Saturday, July 18, 2015

Meet the Girls!



It's time to meet the girls!!


Hi! My name is Yellow Chick.  I'm looking forward to a new name 'cause this one is just so plain and I am anything but plain!! I mean, seriously, look at my new tail feathers!!! Right?! My sister and I are the only two yellow chicks in the brooder box. That's because we are Buff Orpingtons and when we grow up we are going to look like this...

*********************************************************************************



Hey! My name is Big Chick. I am really glad this is a temporary name because it has all kinds of bad connotations, but my mom says new names for all of us are in the works.  Thanks goodness!!! I'm already developing an inferiority complex because not only am I the biggest chick, but I am also the only chick in the brooder box without any new tail feathers!!!   Anyway, my sister and I are Light Brahmas and we will look like this when we grow up..... 
(Mom says we get lighter by the day!)

*********************************************************************************


Hello, my name is Racing Stripe. You can't tell it in this picture but I have a pretty distinct stripe on my back; thus the name.  I hope my new name doesn't have anything to do with my stripes, but reflects how pretty I am in the face!!  My sister and I are Golden Laced Wyandottes, a long, important name for a very important chick!!  By the way, check out my new tail feathers!! When we grow up we are going to look like this...

www.mypetchicken.com
*********************************************************************************


Hey, ya'll!  Spot Head here!  My mom calls me that because my sister and I have a spot on our heads. I guess that was restating the obvious.  Mom let me pose like this so I could show off my new tail feathers too!!  Our poor sisters, Big Chicks don't have any tail feathers yet; bless their hearts. Anyway, we are Barred Rocks and when we grow up we are going to look like this....

  
*********************************************************************************

Mom says next week the brooder box is getting a makeover and we are going to the Chick, Chick Day Spa!!!  We are all very excited and will let you know how it goes.  Until then....

Love ya'll,
The Girls

Twistin', shake it shake it shake it shake it baby
Hey we gonna loop de loop
Shake it out baby
Hey we gonna loop de la
Come on let me see ya shake your tailfeather
Come on let me see ya shake your tailfeather

"Shake Your Tailfeather" 
  Ray Charles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The first chick will have feathers the color of blonde hair...so how about Jolie for Jolie Blonde? The third chick will have beautiful feathers that remind me of lace....so how about Lacie? I am still thinking about the others...:-)