Monday, July 27, 2015

Leslie's Cake

My mom has such a great circle of friends!  One of them is Pam, a talented artist and should-be comedian.  Smiles and laughter are her gift to everyone.  Pam's daughter-in-law is Leslie, the origin of today's recipe.  Leslie is a busy lady, raising three boys and working as a pharmacist, so this recipe is fast, easy, delicious, and one of our favorites! It probably goes by another name, but for us it has always been called...

Leslie's Cake

Ingredients:

1 Duncan Hines butter recipe Golden Cake Mix
1 box instant chocolate pudding

8 oz. sour cream
1 cup oil
1/2 cup water
4 eggs (beaten)

1 package chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Mix together dry ingredients.
2. Mix together wet ingredients.
3. Stir together dry and wet ingredients.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pour into prepared bunt pan.
6. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

***Baking tip!!  (This is so funny - me giving anyone baking tips because cooking's really not my thing. I mean I like to cook and do, but I am not a cook in the sense that many people are. Anyway, here is the tip.)

Baking always turns out better if your eggs are room temperature.  It takes a long time for eggs to get to room temperature if you just put them out on the counter.  The chance of me remembering to put my eggs out hours in advance before I start cooking is nil, so putting eggs in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes will bring them to room temperature! Ta-da!!! You're Welcome :)

Love ya'll,
Shelli

No comments: