Saturday, March 28, 2015

Recycle Your Art

Because spring is in the air and everything in the yard is bright and colorful, I decided new pillows were called for to perk up the living room!

I made the two larger pillows and found the little one at Wal Mart.


 After I made the pillows, I decided a new painting would be nice for the mantle.  I grabbed an old canvas and began smearing paint.  That's all there is to it when you use my favorite painting tool:


After spreading a taupe background thick enough to cover the painting already on the canvas, I  let it dry overnight.  The next day I added these blue stripes, again using the spackle spreader.  That's right, I just pulled the blue paint straight down.  But remember from an earlier post, you need to mix a glazing medium with your paint. (See "Instant Artist Tutorial" 11/2/14)


After the stripes were dry, I painted on my curvy lines with a brush.  These lines mimic the curve in the new orange pillows I made.



In the Fall, I may cover up this painting with a new design; letting one canvas serve my art needs for several years! Ha!!
Love ya'll,
Shelli

No comments: