Thursday, August 11, 2016

Quick Road Trip



 James and I took a quick road trip a few weeks ago up to El Dorado Arkansas for an antique show. While there, we passed the courthouse, a classic example of art deco architecture. We pulled into the parking lot so we could take a minute to admire the building's details when this sign caught my eye.



 Their adoption of the courthouse's landscaping reminded me of all the projects our Master Gardener group has implemented here in Lincoln parish and the fun we have getting together to weed, plant, and improve on those projects- not to mention the pleasure our projects bring the public. 



As I scoped out their efforts, I could hear the echo of discussions about plant selection and see the impression of gardening friends meeting in the early morning hours on the day of installation. What fun!

                                                               Love ya'll,
                                                                 Shelli


While the spirit of neighborliness was important on the frontier because neighbors were so few, it is even more important now because our neighbors are so many.
 ~Lady Bird Johnson

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. 
~George Bernard Shaw




No comments: