Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Purses or Handbags?

Do you call them purses or handbags? Maybe the word you choose depends on your age; maybe it depends on the price. Recently, as I was scrolling through the Yahoo feed, this headline caught my eye.

Women have abandoned a longtime wardrobe staple — and that's terrifying news for Michael Kors, Coach, and Kate Spade


As I read the last designer's name a distant memory was suddenly triggered in my mind and I was transported to the streets of New York City. My sister and I were running down a side street away from Times Square where undercover policemen were blowing whistles and the bootleggers that we had just bought our Kate Spade knockoffs from had gathered up their bedsheets full of illicit merchandise and were running for the hills. 

Later that summer I was purchasing something from a little upscale boutique, and because I rarely enter upscale boutiques, I was overcome with the need to prove to the clerk that I was worthy to shop in her fancy establishment.  I proudly set my "Kate Spade" bag on the counter to remove my credit card when the Kate Spade name tag (which should have been sewn on, not glued) fell off and landed gently between the two of us. The clerk looked down at the tag and up at me. Her eye brows rose up to her hair line and her eyes slowly glazed over with a haughty look that said FAKE.  

Maybe that's why I was so excited yesterday to buy four purses/handbags for $20. That's $20 for all four!!!


They're reversible!! The one on the left is black with a brown reverse, and the other is taupe/nude with a grey reverse. Now because they are reversible, they have no pockets for storage and that may kill the deal for you, but because they are from Wal Mart I just ran over to the school supplies and bought me a couple of pencil bags to store stuff in. 

But most importantly they're legal and won't give me nightmares about being chased down the streets of NYC by the police or strangers with bedsheets.

Love ya'll,
Shelli

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.
-Will Rogers

No comments: