Friday, April 24, 2015

Bare Breasted Chicken

This morning, James and I were planning our day when I mentioned that I needed to post a recipe on the blog before we got going on any other project.  He asked which recipe, and when I told him that it was the chicken breast recipe I had cooked for him recently, he agreed that everyone would like it.

Then he asked, "What are you going to call it?"

"What, the chicken?" I responded.

"No, the blog post," he answered.

"Well, I hadn't really thought about it yet, something will come to me."

"You should try an experiment," he said.

He was referring to "Growing Branches" most often viewed post entitled "Muscadine Wet T-shirt Contest".   If you read tips about writing a successful blog, one of the top suggestions is to carefully craft your titles making sure to include keys words that will generate page views.  Well, that's just not what this blog is about.  I write a simple little blog about simple little things and appreciate our readers too much to manipulate you with bogus titles.  Every title I use is one that just seems to fit and with Muscadine Wet T-shirt Contest", I was teasing James about his fear of being the husband of a blogger - his life revealed to the world, some of which are his customers.

However, when he said, "Bare Breasted Chicken" I couldn't stop laughing and couldn't resist letting him have some fun.  He is looking forward to "manipulating the search engines prurient interests". (I had to look up prurient.)

So here is the delicious, easy recipe by Rachel Schultz at "A Household Almanac" (http://rachelschultz.com/2012/07/11/worlds-best-chicken/) that has been renamed here for the purpose of  James' experiment in statistics.


Bare Breasted Chicken
Serves 3-4
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper
Fresh rosemary


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, syrup, and vinegar.

Place chicken breasts into 9×13 lined baking dish. Season with salt & lots of pepper. Pour mustard mixture over chicken. Make sure each breast is coated. Put some more pepper on, if you please. No need to marinate. (I love that because I hate marinating/often forget to until it’s too late.)

Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.

Season with fresh rosemary.


I'll let you know how it goes,
until then......

Love ya'll,
 Shelli


No comments: