Wednesday, September 24, 2014

NOLA

www.nojazzband.com


I went to New Orleans this weekend to spend time with Katherine. 
 It was a great visit! 

Carole drove over from Mobile to join in the fun.


We stayed at a little place in the Bywater that we found on airbnb.  

Thank you Bruce and Donna!!


Katherine and Collin are great cooks and dished up a delicious meal on our first night in town.  I also got to see my granddog, Ody.


The following day we visited the Terrell House, the venue for Katherine and Collin's upcoming wedding.




www.terrellhouse.com


Then we met Collin's mom for lunch.







Later that afternoon, Carole and I attended Katherine's yoga class at Freret Street Yoga.

www.freretstreetyoga.com


Katherine is a great instructor and never made fun of her mother or aunt even though at one point everyone in the studio looked like this,


but Carole and I looked like this.




We ended the night sitting outside at The Joint, which was about four doors down from our house.

www.pinterest.com

www.tripadvisor.com


Across the street was a huge live oak with two swings...so unexpected...so wonderful!!  Carole and I have pushed each other on many a swing, but it had been a while.




Sunday morning Katherine and I met at Biscuits and Buns on Banks.

nola.eater.com



When we said good bye and she hopped on her bike to go home, I was overcome with feelings of pride and joy at the wonderful person she is and the happy life she has built for herself.

A mother's treasure is her daughter.  ~Catherine Pulsifer

There are some days when I think I’m going to die from an overdose of satisfaction. ~Salvador Dali



Love ya'll, Shelli






















No comments: