Friday, September 26, 2014

I've Crossed Over






Well it's no longer summer; the autumnal equinox was Monday and there is a faint nip in the air this morning. 

 You know that after retiring this spring, I struggled a bit with this new phase in my life, but as the seasons crossover I realize that my mindset about retirement has crossed over too...

Before: Worried my days wouldn't be full enough.
Now: Wish I didn't have as much going on during the week.

Before: Sunday afternoon anxiety attacks as I assessed how much I had         
             accomplished over the weekend and how much I had planned for the coming week.
Now: Sunday is truly a day of rest.

Before: Wore makeup six out of seven days of the week.
Now: Wear makeup one out of seven days.

Before: Woke up at 5:30 A.M. and tore out of here at 6:30.
Now: Wake up whenever and many days never leave the house.

Before: Kept up a wardrobe for work.
Now: Shorts and tennis shoes every day.

Before: Confined to school during the week.
Now: Travel whenever I want.

Before: Never had time or energy for exercise.
Now: Start each day with a walk.

Before: Go! Go! Go!
Now: Chill...chill....chill....

It took a while, but I've crossed over...................

                                                                                                Love ya'll, Shelli

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want. 
 ~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes




No comments: