Friday, June 17, 2016

Another Dog Hair and Potato Peelings Project

I recently decided to spruce up the chicken coop, it was looking a little bland. I thought some potted plants would do the trick, but did not want to go out and spend money on expensive pots. I get tired of wanting and buying things, so I decided to go the dog hair and potato peelings route.

What does that mean? It means looking around at what you've got and making something out of nothing. I had lots of black plastic containers from the nursery. I also had blue painter's tape and duct tape. Here's the process...

Wash the outside of the pots. I didn't even clean out the insides; after all, dirt was going right back inside.

Tape off designs keeping in mind that whatever you tape will be black.

Spray! I bought plain old cheap paint, but they do have some that is made for plastic.

Peel off the tape and plant.



Love ya'll,
Shelli

Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, 
and the labors of life reduce themselves.
 ~Edwin Way Teale

The simple joy of having just enough. 
~Dr. SunWolf

Frugality is one of the most beautiful and joyful words in the English language, and yet one that we are culturally cut off from understanding and enjoying. The consumption society has made us feel that happiness lies in having things, and has failed to teach us the happiness of not having things. 
~Elise Boulding

No comments: