Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday Schoolisms Plus #16: Food For Thought From Jim Moore



In church Sunday, our pastor quoted James W. Moore - "Some things are too good to be true, but some things are too good not to be true."


Being unfamiliar with Jim Moore's work, I searched around for more information about him. In addition to being an ordained elder in the United Methodist Church, he is also the author of over forty best selling books. I was wanting more of his quotes for this post, but what I found instead were his funny, yet thought-provoking book titles.  We'll let them be the "plus" in our Sunday Schoolisms Plus today.


Yes, Lord, I Have Sinned, But I Have Several Excellent Excuses 

God Was Here and I Was Out To Lunch

Some Folks Feel the Rain; Others Just Get Wet

If God Has a Refrigerator, Your Picture Is On It

Standing On the Promises, Or Sitting On the Premises

Have You Ever Seen a Hearse Pulling a Trailer?

Noah Built His Ark In the Sunshine

When All Else Fails, Read the Instructions

If God Is Your Co-pilot, Swap Seats!







No comments: