Thursday, February 4, 2016

Book Week: The Last Time They Met


The other books we've talked about this week have all gotten great reviews. Today's book however sends people to either end of the spectrum with their reactions.  They either love it or they hate it. I obviously am on the love side.




From goodreads:


From the last time Linda and Thomas meet, at a charmless hotel in a distant city, to the moment, thirty-five years earlier, when a chance encounter on a rocky beach binds them fatefully together, this hypnotically compelling novel unfolds a tale of intense passion, drama, and suspense. The Last Time They Met is a singularly ambitious and accomplished work by one of today's most widely celebrated novelists.

I read The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve years ago and it can still run shivers up my spine. It is truly haunting! But know that I am not a particularly critical reader. The author's style rarely registers on my enjoyment meter. I am all about the story and I love this one!

Love ya'll,
Shelli

If there is a day to act on the Love in your soul it is today, it is this moment. 
~Mike Dolan

When love is not madness, it is not love. 
~Pedro Calderon de la Barca

Love is a sweet tyranny, because the lover endureth his torments willingly.
 ~Proverb

No comments: