Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tablescapes



Each October, Christian Community Action (CCA), the local food pantry, holds its fall fundraiser, Soup For the Soul. This year Soup For the Soul is introducing tablescapes.  A tablescape is a creatively designed table arrangement that highlights a specific theme.  This year's theme is "Celebrations."

Civic organizations, church groups, and individuals have "adopted" tables and chosen celebrations to portray. I chose St. Patrick's Day and Baby Shower and thought I would share some of my early prep work with you, but let me start by saying, "Thank you, Pinterest! Without you, none of this would be possible!"


St. Patrick's Day


So I started with a clay flower pot and large clay saucer that were painted green.


Next, I used painter's tape to mask off the rim of the pot which was then painted black.


Now all that's needed is a gold buckle! Pinterest said to use a cheap gold rectangular picture frame.  An arrangement of fresh flowers will go on top.


 Baby Shower

I bought a cardboard box and painted alternating sides pink and blue.


Then cut strips of white craft foam to edge the sides of the box.


Hot glued the edges on each side of the box.


Then glued on wooden letters that I bought at Hobby Lobby and painted white.  Balloons will be attached to the top of the box.


I bought pink and blue plastic plates at Party City to use as chargers.  The baby rattles were a party favor from Party City also. I glued two on each plate.
So there are my two centerpieces and I have other components to finish off the table.  I hope it all turns out well!!  I must also mention that the idea of using tablescapes was not original. We got the idea from my sister, Carole.  They do the same thing at her church in Mobile.  We even stole the theme from her group!

Soup For the Soul is tonight. I can't wait to see all of the creative tablescapes! I'll take lots of pictures and have them for you to enjoy later this week.

Love ya'll, 
Shelli


No comments: