Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Egg and I


I'm starting a new series today and I am naming it after one of my favorite books, The Egg and I by
Betty McDonald.  Betty married a man that ran a chicken farm in Washington state.  Published in 1945, this book is about her life on that farm and it is hilarious!! 
 
 
 It was later made into a movie.
 
 
When we moved from Lafayette to Ruston, I had two gardening goals - to grow grapes and to raise chickens.
This spring we start or own version of The Egg and I.
 
This week we had the back corner of the garden cleaned out to make room for the coop.
 
 
 
This weekend my dad is coming up to draw up the plans for the coop. I can't tell you what it will mean to build this with him!!! I have been gathering materials.  I bought a door and trim from Architectural Salvage in Jackson, MS.  The weather vane was removed from our house this fall to be replaced be the turkey weather vane Katherine and Collin gave us for Christmas.
 
 
 
My main goal is a coop that is easy to clean.  I've been watching lots of YouTube videos gathering tips to that end, and searching for design ideas on Pinterest. I can't wait to get started and am looking forward to sharing the project with you.
 
                                                                                                Love ya'll,
                                                                                                        Shelli
 
The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!
~Author Unknown

No comments: