Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Goodbye.....The End......


Look who has a new sandbox for her first birthday!!

It is hard to believe that it has been a year since Olive Louise was born. And for a year we have been making the 5 1/2 hour trek to New Orleans to send time with her and her parents. Therein lies the explanation of this post's title......We are moving!!!

It really is goodbye to....
     our sweet Turkey Creek Garden home in Ruston. As happy as I am to be closer to the Jilberts,  it has been SO hard to say goodbye to my fun Master Gardeners, precious Sunday School class, amazing Bible study group, and salt-of-the-earth neighbors and friends.

It really is the end of...
     this blog that I started when I retired from the classroom and knew I couldn't go from talking to a classroom of teenagers every day to staying at home and talking to the walls. Blogging has been lots of fun.


We've bought a 1980s ranch fixer upper on 7 1/2 acres in Summit, Mississippi.


Yes, it does need help- lots of help!! I'm a big Fixer Upper fan and am going to try to pull off a complete Joanna Gaines makeover.


Then there is the property. It has two garden areas and loads of potential, but the home hasn't been lived in for more than a year or two, so the landscaping has run amok! Think leaves and weeds! My goal is to finish the house by the end of the summer so that we can get to the landscaping and gardens in the fall.





But all these projects will take a back seat to enjoying more time with our sweet girls and son-in-law.

To celebrate the new branches we are growing as grandparents in Mississippi, while still staying in touch with family and friends, I am starting a new blog! I will give you the link in a week or two, then let the projects begin!! I hope you'll join us there!

Love ya'll,
Shelli

God gives you a life and says, Okay, what are you going to do with it?
~Alice Cooper

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.
~Thomas Jefferson

Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest.
~Henry Van Dyke

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
Psalm 107:1 


No comments: