Wednesday, December 28, 2016

At This Year's End







There’s a fire burning outside my window
With leaves of red, orange, and gold.
There’s a fire burning outside my window
That tells me the year has grown old.

There is a coldness in the morning air
Bare limbs mark the pale blue sky.
Fruits and flowers of the summer fair,
Have withered brown and finally died.

And I am melancholy, heart and soul
Paralyzed by this year’s regrets, mistakes.
I cannot shake their strong grip and hold
Mired down in doubt, with time too late.

But with Christmas and Christ’s sweet birth
Comes the chance to start all things anew.
With His forgiveness, love, and worth
The old year I can bid adieu.

Lord, do not leave me; hold me tight
And by Thy mercies guide my steps
Into this new year, dark as night
Made crystal clear by Your precepts.

And when the fire outside my window
Burns again at this year’s end
Help me with certainty to know
I was in your path, your purpose, dear Lord, Amen.

Love ya'll,
Shelli


No comments: