Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Moses Makes It To The Promised Land

    I have a soft spot in my heart for Moses; putting up with all those Israelites and their shenanigans, and he still didn't make it to the promised land!
 I realize it had to be that way and that there are many lessons we can learn from his situation, but my heart goes out to him.  So when I saw him at a yard sale, I had to bring him home to my promised land - my garden.  There's no milk or honey, no manna falling from Heaven, but the hummingbirds and bees buzz around on cool summer mornings and the gardener smiles every time she sees him.


                                                                           Love ya'll,
                                                                              Shelli


’Tis sweet as the day begins to dawn,
When the lark her song is singing,
To wander at will through the grassy lawn
Where fresh flowers around are springing.
’Tis sweet at that solemn hour to go
O’er the rocky slope, all alone,
Where the scattering streamlets freely flow...
’Tis well to inhale the earthly gale,
As it sweeps the green hill’s side...
Or to look on the wood in its leafy pride,
In the glen or on the grove, the dawn is fair,—
Morning is beautiful every where!
~Thomas Furlong, "Morning Meditations"

No comments: