Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Change and Growth

     


Welcome to my blog,

"Growing Branches".
  
The title comes from a quote by Pauline R. Kezer....


  "Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights." 



      I am Shelli Quayhagen and I live at Turkey Creek Garden in rural north Louisiana with my wonderful husband, our garden friendly dogs, and coop full of chickens.  This blog was born out of a big change in my life -  retirement after thirty-three years of teaching school, a profession I loved with all my heart.  Suddenly I was faced with "the rest of my life"! 

Spurred on by this change, I began writing about the ordinary events in our simple day-to-day lives where we are trying hard to grow "branches" upon which we can hang


a

 family/friend centered,
 church based, 
community minded,
 service oriented,
 garden growing , 
picture painting,
 story writing, 
squash frying, 
dog petting, 
chicken raising, 
porch sitting, 
good book reading,
 lightning bug watching, 
sometimes doing nothing, 
contemplative wad of appreciative contentment!!!

I hope you'll enjoy the  posts and will visit with us often.  Leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you. Until then....


       
  Love ya'll, 

  Shelli

No comments: